SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindylou111

laundry room layout

cindylou111
9 years ago

3 entrances into laundry/mud rm. need help in layout. I need to put a stackable washer & dryer, upright freezer, laundry sink, bench, counter space and a place for my dog's kennel in a 8 x 11 room. First entrance is in from hallway coming into from the south then I want to put a pocket door 24 in in the middle of the wall to the east, which is the master closet, and then I want a door going out on the north side of room which goes back outside. I proposed that the door going outside would be to the far right corner due to the swing which would take you to the Master closet so those 2 openings are right there together. The west wall is the garage.

I thought I would put W&D on the left corner NW on the outside wall, then a 3ft counter, then the door going outside. I thought then I would put the bench, counter, sink on the Master closet east wall, all of this past the door opening to the Master closet. Then on the west wall which is the garage wall I would put a 4 ft counter then the freezer. This is giving walkways in the middle and 3 ft in front of W&D to get into it. All would be 2 ft deep.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nomad

Comments (3)