SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

What have we ordered?

So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you ordered?

NH

Bitsy Gold
Blue Lollipop
Camelot
Dawn's Early Light
Goober
Irish Luck
Katsuragawa Beni
King Tut
Lakeside Ripples
Laura Lanier
Light Everlasting
American Icon
Victory Hosta free HOTY 2015

GREENmOUNTIAN

Dark Shadows
El Capitan
Fantasy Island
Formal Attire
Fortunei Albopicta
Frosted Dimples
Frosty Morn
Green Eyes
Heart and Soul
Katherine Lewis
Lakeside Kaleidoscope
Lemon Lime
Limey Lisa
Little Black Scape

Naylor

Abby
Alakazaam
Blue Chip
Blueberry Muffins
China Girl
Irish Luck
Lakeside Little Tuft
Peanut
Sizzle
Tickle Me Pink
Volcano Island

not done yet.........

Comments (91)

• santamiller
    9 years ago

I received my order today from New Hampshire and have them potted. I also have an order placed with Hallson Gardens.

This is what I got from NH:

June

Goodness Gracious

Rhino Hide

Rainbow Sunrise

Autumn Frost

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Santa- Photos please!

-Babka

• Related Discussions

Is anyone ordering bulbs? What is on your have to have list?

Q

Comments (27)
    Coming from Fl., spring bulbs are new to me. So I spent this past spring and summer seeing what I had. The former owner of the house had stuff ALL over the place. Daffodils all over the place. After they bloomed and the foliage wilted, I dug up most of them and massed them in two tight beds in front of my front porch. The tulips were in two tight beds in an area out under a big sickamore tree out front. Deep purple. BEAUTIFUL! I didn't touch these. About 30 in each group. Then Two big areas of giant Assulym(SP?)Big beautiful heads on long ,strong stems. But they smell like onions!! After they did their thing and the foliage wilted they got dug up and moved to surround a red maple up on the hill about 150' from the house not far from the road. They can do their thing up there. And then I had glads ALL over the place. Mostly out in the bed by the sickamore tree. One good thing, they were all the same kind. A little over a week ago the foliage was yellow enough to cut and move most of them. I mass planted them in front of the sickamore bed. Didn't have the first lilly or irises of any kind. So I went on a hunting and digging mission. There is an OLD abandoned general store on a side road about a mile from the house that has all kinds of plants around it. Saved myself a LOT of money. Got about 20 light purple bearded irises. At least 200 yellow-orange lillys. About a dozen orange wild butterfly plants. Plus I got six cittings from a beautiful hardy hydrania(SP?)bush. All six have rooted and are in one gal. pots under my oak tree out back. And then I ordered from Spring Hill and Brecks. Not a bunch. Just enough to see what their products are like. From SH I ordered the reblooming German irises (12), and a big bunch of cone flowers. The irises came last week. VERY big and healthy. Already planted them. Will receive the cone flowers early spring. From Brecks I ordered The giant lilly collection. I have the perfect place for them out back by my workshop. And all of this from a ROSE freek! I figure it will take about two or three yrs for everything to come together (about 75 to 100 roses bushs of all types along with everything else). I won't have a big "formal" garden. Just an easy flow garden. I moved up to the N.GA. mountains to retire (well kind of semi. I do a little side work on MY terms) and I plan on enjoying it. After a working life of Drywall hanging, finishing and texturing I can sit back, smile and say, "Thank you Lord."
    ...See More

OT. Why do we always want what we can't have?

Q

Comments (13)
    Oh, Daisy - I LOVE that picture of your steps with the little bunch of daffodils (or are they narcissi/jonquils? Sorry, I don't know the difference!) - on each step. Just stunning! I used to live in the UK and I remember the daffodils everywhere in spring - I especially loved seeing a whole meadow of them, sort of "growing wild" in the local parks (I don't know if they were or probably carefully planted by the park gardeners - haha!). I can also relate to your feelings of wistfulness - I used to live in Oxford and had all those romantic, beautiful Cotswolds English gardens on my doorstep that I never really paid much attention to - and now I live in hot, dry Australia and desperately want an English cottage garden (and am trying to create one, even though everybody local tells me its a lost cause and will only lead to heartache eventually!). Argh! I wish I'd appreciated all those gorgeous gardens I had access to when I was still living in England - can you believe that I never even went to the Chelsea Flower Show? I'm kicking myself now!! :-) ~ HY
    ...See More

Sink Reveal Not What We Orderes

Q

Comments (8)
    I really wanted a positive reveal, but don't know if this can be changed without removing counter. Kind of afraid to mess with it, but it's really bugging me that we didn't get what we wanted. You asked for something specific, and they ignored you. That’s unacceptable. And all these (seemingly) little things that people let slide because it’s too much trouble to correct, turn into bigger things that really are a lot of trouble to correct. Hey, if they have to spend 12 hours (which is what I figure if Joseph Corlett needs six hours to do it!) redoing what they should’ve just done in the first place, then maybe the importance of paying attention to detail will somehow imprint on their brains and this’ll be a pivotal moment in their careers.
    ...See More

We have two sliders side by side? What can we do with these?

Q

Comments (8)
    No grids and chances are they will need to look like they did before since they are part of the envelope of the building and really can’t be changed in a condo. I love them but IMO they need something to keep the heat and UV controlled . I would just do very full sheers and use only one door for deck access and those sheers could just be pulled back to allow the door to function.
    ...See More
  • santamiller
    9 years ago

There isn't anything to take pictures of yet, unless you like a dirt blob of roots. :)

• mountainy man z8 Ireland
    9 years ago

Lol I've shown pics of roots before so it wouldn't be anything new, I have my order arriving in twenty mins by courier, I am beside myself with joy, spring has arrived! (sort of)

Denis

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Twelve minutes to go and counting, lol.... Shoot us a picture of your order, yes?

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

I was hoping to see the size of the roots on the plants you received. Now that they are potted, it probably wouldn't be as much fun to see... Keep it in mind for your next order, though, okay?

-Babka

• DelawareDonna Zone 7A
    9 years ago

Just for you, Dennis -

DD

• santamiller
    9 years ago

Will do from now on, Babka.

9 years ago

Oh gee I feel bad now, I was potting them up in a gale with pots blowing away and compost getting in my eyes and labels flying away and a bamboo slapping me on the head so I didn't take any pics as I was a bit "cheesed off" that I couldn't enjoy the process, at least it wasn't raining.

All were a"dirt blob of roots" as mentioned above lol, only Honeybells is showing a sign of growth.

All are multi-eyed which is great, the roots were really good, montana has the largest roots of the order but Mountain Snow is really quite small but three eyed, its a really slow one so i've read so will give it a decade to grow lol. I added Ringtail and Cup of Grace to this order as they looked great in the alphabet so thanks to all the enablers who posted there!

I got a bonus hosta called Francheska which I have not heard of and has scant info at the hosta library, so if anyone knows anything about it do tell.

There is not much sign of spring weather here as yet, thankfully the snow has gone but could put on another performance still. I am happy that all are potted and am back beside the stove for the night, sorry to dissapoint you but I'm sure you'll understand. I will do better next time.

Denis

• santamiller
    9 years ago

I'm sure that wasn't fun to do but that first paragraph made me laugh. Congrats on getting it done! It made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AFf0ysgNiM&spfreload=10

And multi-eyed is a great bonus. I don't think any of the ones I got this week were more than a single eye.

9 years ago

Ya, I am starting to see the funny side of it now but at the time I was swearing at the sky lol.

Somehow I have never seen that film all the way through, great stuff!

• santamiller
    9 years ago

Oh my gosh! Young Frankenstein is one of the all time great comedies! My wife and I saw it in the dollar theater when it first came out back when we were in high school. There is no telling how many more times we've watched it over the years.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Hey Santa- Wouldn't that be Franken"steen"? Is that violin music I hear off in the distance? ;-)

-Babka

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Placed an order with Green Mountain:

AM I BLUE

BIG JOHN

BILL BRINKA

BLUE VISION

BOBBIE SUE

TEASPOON

SWEET SUNSHINE

WARWICK COMET

SERENDIPITY

SECRET LOVE

SHADE FANFARE

SPACIOUS SKIES

SUN POWER

PEARL LAKE

QUEEN JOSHEPHINE

CAROLINA BLUE

KIWI SKYSCRAPER

GOLD STANDARD and

KEY LIME PIE

That's it for now. I may add more to this Green Mountain. Planning on placing an order to Hallson Gardens in the near future also.

Don B.

9 years ago

That's a nice list Don a few biggies there, I wanted to get Kiwi Skyscraper, it was on a limited availability list and I missed out on it by a day or two, poo.

I'm suprised you wouldn't have Gold Standard already.

Guessing that the wife's lawn is getting quite small at this stage lol!

Denis

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Heh heh bit by bit, Denis. I also cleared a space in the yard previously occupied by juniper. Bye bye, it's now reserved for hostas and such.

In 2012 I bought several Gold Standards locally, but they all showed virus late in the year and in 2013, so I destroyed 'em. Gald to be getting a clean, mature piece of GS, as it's a classic beauty, in my opinion.

• User
    9 years ago

Jo, you have JUJEN ON ORDER? Isn't that the Squash Casserole sport? I had no idea it was available anywhere.....
    Please tell me I can find one too? I would like a full sweep of SC's progeny.

• User
    9 years ago

I mentioned in another thread that I had no recollection of an order I placed with Plant Delights for 3 plantaginea. I swear I do not remember doing it. Do you suppose I did it in my sleep? Hosta cravings in the night? Anyway, they showed up with multiple pips on 2 of them on Thursday.

Besides that, I know I talked with Bob Solberg about placing an order and they are due April 27th to ship. I ordered a Birchwood Parky's Gold (I'm a fan too Denis) but honestly who from escapes me at this moment. My order for NHhosta is about to miss the 3/8 deadline for free shipping or something off, unless I get busy here in the next little while. Of course I must call and chat with Mrs. Savory, always a delight to see what she has to say, and I'll tell her how the previous orders are doing....they originated so many good hosta. I'm getting Atlantis from somebody. Trying to slow down the adrenalin rush I get when viewing hosta catalogs. Oops, I did talk with Gary at Naylor Creek, which means......well, those won't ship until March 23, so I have time to remove the dead pecan limbs fallen in the garden....they came down in the high winds ushering in our last cold front just departed recently.

Don't expect a list out of me, because I got lost last year and still don't have a total. However, I'm sure I could get my resident DENSITY CALCULATOR husband to come pretty close. He knew as much about how many hostas were in my garden as I did. You gotta watch those engineering types.

• User
    9 years ago

Additionally, I remember calling Oklahoma and chatting with Mr. Bob Scott of Bob Scott Nursery. I was intrigued with some of his hosta offerings. Out there in OK like that, it seems his wife and he love hostas. For whatever reason I got the impression he knew something about them. He mentioned one that was unstable, blablabla, and some might not be available this year, had to wait for them to come up. And, he'd like to get the wife to talk to me about what might be available. For a second or two I thought I would then be interviewed by Mrs. Scott before allowing me to adopt any of their hosta children, would they be going to a good home, I mean I AM a resident of the fine state of AlaBAMa, as it were--south Alabama at that, which is marginal for hosta gardening. I bet they don't get many calls from Mobile.

9 years ago

> Mocc: I sure do, and yes, Jujen is a sport of SC! There is only one supplier in Canada that had two available and they are both gone. I am the other lucky person. It is fun scoring some hard-to-find hostas. Doing a road trip in May to Hosta Choice to pick up my list....and likely some additional ones that will somehow find their way into the vehicle, ;-) my wallet will be hemorrhaging!

Btw, Hosta Choice will dig a piece of Squash Casserole up for me from their display specimen. i am excited about meeting Glenn and finally seeing all their gardens and hostas. It's a long drive 3 1/2-4 hours but I'm taking my daughter with me for company...and she loves hosta too!

P.S. Edited to say that someone on the forum owns one too as I remember seeing it before, I think. However, I do not know who in the States carries it. I understand it's availability is scarce and am so glad I emailed Hosta Choice weeks ago to reserve it.

It is good to see you posting here, Mocc. :-)

Jo

9 years ago

Mocc, I googled Jujen...here is the thread from last year...santa's thread and Jujen

You might try Plant Delights (sp?) or Wade as BKay suggested. Good Luck!

• User
    9 years ago

I had (hope I still have) the phone number of the originator who named it after his two daughters. He said I could get it from HIM, because it was not being propagated commercially. I guess someone who had a clump split it off theirs to sell those two pieces up in Canada. One reason I wanted to go to AHS Convention this year was its location in NC--I had planned to drop by the home of JUJEN's originator and pick up a plant (or 2?).......well, take good care of your young-un Jo. It should grow quickly and look beautiful for you. It has a good home, that is for sure.

Plant Delights has only a limited number of hosta varieties for sale online. I don't know if they offer different varieties for shoppers on site, but not in their catalog. Wade may have one, I shall look. However, if it is not propagated it would be shown as NFS....his garden is like the repository of Library of Congress for copyrighted books. Heirlooms you might say. :)

• User
    9 years ago

Well, thanks for the reminder, and how did I not see that Wade had it listed in their catalog? What a bummer! I went a WHOLE YEAR without JuJen, when I could have been growing it?
    I just called (I believe in using the phone to get a more personal feeling for the nursery) and talked with Van Wade. Yes, he has it and I ordered one from him. Of course, it will be a while before it can be dug....it is one not commercially propagated, he got his direct from Leonard Jones. I guess that makes it OS? I also chatted with Van Wade about his fragrant Cherokee, which I ordered from Naylor last year, and he told me there would be also Cherokee Maiden and Cherokee Brave coming out, both fragrant, sports of Cherokee. You can bet I'll be jumping on those two.

So thanks BK for being so observant of a lesser known but precious hosta. I owe you one. I am a happy hosta gardener today! :) And thanks Jo for doing the search, you are the best!

9 years ago

Thank you back atcha! Lol

While on the subject, JuJen is misspelled on the Library if JuJen is correct. I think names of any type are important and want to be correct. Where can I find a reliable resource, anyone know?

9 years ago

Mocc...re JuJen...Hosta Choice has had their one. (gorgeous last year according to Glenn) plant growing in their display garden since 2009 and it has never been divided. I am assuming when he purchased it, it was likely an OS. This year he offered only two divisions. In his own words this hosta is very rare and to the best of his knowledge there may only be one retailer in the U.S. that offers it....aside from the hosta owner. Lucky you to get it from him personally. :-)

I was on a determined hunt for Squash Casserole last year...nailed it down this year...and am getting both it and it's sport from the same supplier! Colour me happy!

9 years ago

Included in the above list will be:

1. Zebra Stripes
    2. Pistache
    3. Purple Haze
    4. Lakeside Dragonfly (following Paula's suggestion to include a Lakeside in each order, lol...that makes two!)

This blows the hosta budget for this year folks!....but wait! My local Zehr's always has new ones in spring. Probably Victory will be among them. Two years ago I missed the chance...the juvenile plant didn't impress me - a big DUH once I got home and looked it up!

• User
    9 years ago

I had a whole paragraph typed and Firefox crashed on me. Sigh. You should be glad not to listen to my long tales. BRIEFLY then:

JUJEN is now on order from Van Wade, to whom I spoke at length this morning. I'll see him in Raleigh come June, maybe receive it direct from his hands to mine. Touched by Glory! Otherwise, it gets mailed.

I have Zebra Stripes and Purple Haze, Jo. You will enjoy both of them. ZS starts white, gets its green stripes as time goes by and turns hazy green for rest of the year, except for new growth which comes in white. I cannot find a White Wall Tires, another Tony Avent creation.

Budget? WHAT budget?

• User
    9 years ago

Oops. Missed a question posed by Jo. I suppose the definitive source would be the AHS registry. I assumed it would have both J's in caps since it was a combination of names. You are precise with names, that is for certain, Jo. I have another friend like that too. She is a Virgo. :)

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    9 years ago

In the Hostapedia it is 'Jujen'

• User
    9 years ago

Thanks, peren.all--I guess it is time for me to straighten up my act with spelling correctly. I hate to think I induced Josephine into a crossways tizzy, checking things in the dictionary. heheheheh.

PS....Jo, I just made up "crossways tizzy" so you won't find it anywhere indexed. :)

9 years ago

Thank you, Mocc and Peren.all! It is listed as Jujen with the AHS Registry.

I had a few seconds of adjustment from my crossways tizzy (Gemini, lol) but I think I read that correctly ;-)

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

So far, from Land Of The Giants

PHANTOM

PIECRUST PROMISE

STARBOARD LIGHT

ECLIPSE

BACKYARD MONSTER

Will add one or two more. I haven't sent it in yet, still deciding...

Don B.

• User
    9 years ago

Just placed my first Naylor order today! I requested delivery in mid April

Afterglow

Ben Vernooij

Bridal Falls

Fog Light

Guardian Angel

Journeys End

Raspberry Sundae

Spartacus

Winter Snow

I know this is the first of many orders from them and hosta library auctions this year. :)

• santamiller
    9 years ago

I picked up Afterglow today from the local nursery that I use. It's the best nursery I've ever been to, even better than any I am aware of in the Dallas area, where we lived for 20 years. They are where I bought my first few hostas in 2012 and 13 and are getting a little more of a selection each year. It was in a one gallon container with a pretty decent root system and one pip showing. $14

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Santa, I hear that Naylor and Sebright both sell nice sized hosta. You know about Green Mountain, I'm sure. I got some great, large hosta from them a couple of years ago. They did not do well, but I got them in the fall that turned into the driest winter ever. I would certainly buy from them again.

I'm not buying any hosta online this spring, I don't think. (If I found a snake eyes, I would make up an order, though) I have so much work to do on my hosta with all the repotting, I don't need any more jobs this spring. (We're redoing our business website, which has turned into a huge job.) If I ever get caught up, I'm going to get some from Tony Avent. He has some that interest me. After the beautiful Squash Casserole I got last year from Chris, I'm into Avent hosta.

It's all Mocc's fault, you know.

bk

• DelawareDonna Zone 7A
    9 years ago

For me, the best hostas I ever purchased came from Sebright.

DD

• santamiller
    9 years ago

I bought five from New Hampshire a week ago and have an order in with Hallson's for seven more. I got a few from Hallson's last year also and was very pleased. That will be it for me this year unless I pick up a couple more locally.

I know of Naylor and Green Mountain, not familiar with Sebright. I'll check out their website.

bk.....are there any Dallas nurseries that sell hosta? Maybe North Haven Gardens?

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

North Haven has hosta, but you don't want to buy from them. They get their hosta from GreenLake Nurseries. I've had a hvx infected hosta from GreenLake and I've seen others in area nurseries. It was Royal Standard all three times. Also, NH only has older varieties.

Calloway's has hosta in the spring, or at least they have for the last three years. They get in a huge shipment from Blew Perennials. I've gotten some nice 2 gal. hosta from them the last couple of years. I called this week, and they're not in yet. I'll let you know if you're interested. The photo below is of the first one I got from them - Striptease, it was $16.99. I was griping at the time about the tiny hosta I got mail order for a big price. They are in the front.

bk

• santamiller
    9 years ago

That's super looking. What year did you get it? I really have no interest in buying from anyone in Dallas right now, I was just curious since I lived there for many years. But definitely interested when you do get something local and what it is.

• User
    9 years ago

BKay, the fact that I influenced you is a feather in my cap! You are a very discriminating shopper. However, I think Squash Casserole speaks for itself. I read Tony Avent's website regularly. Although his nursery (PDN) does not sell that many different varieties of hosta, his originations are often good growers in the south. If he shows zone 9 for a hosta, I give it a try..

I think I have a new recommendation for you, but will wait until it grows this year. Not a Tony Avent and not a fragrant, but a good growing smaller creamy white-margined beauty that would work great alongside your So Sweet.

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have been at it again. I am going to try a name I have not heard here but found on facebook trolling for hosta friends.

Hollywood Bob's

Lakeside Color Blue
    Lakeside Maestro
    Lakeside Midnight Miss
    Lakeside Neat Petite
    Lakeside Old Smokey
    Lakeside Prophecy
    Lakeside Sassy Sally
    Lakeside Tee Ki
    Lakeside Zesty Zone
    Fire Opal
    Vanilla Cream
    True Blue

Green Mountain

Shazaam Hosta
    Chesterland Gold
    Banana Muffins
    Lakeside April Snow
    Judy Blue Eyes
    Twilight Time
    True Blue
    Sea Fire
    Silver Moon
    Sherborne Swallow
    Satisfaction
    Verna Jean
    Veronica Lake
    Marilyn Hosta
    Miss Tokyo

I have already figured out where I have more room. Worked on it all winter.

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

I haven't ordered anything yet, but yesterday I was outside making my new hosta garden. The weather was so nice, about 70 degrees. I see all kinds of pips coming up now. I kinda want to see if all the new ones I planted last fall made it, before I order more.

• santamiller
    9 years ago

So what's your total hosta count these days?

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

I have 75 but now I have room to plant maybe 20 more :) How many do you have?

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    9 years ago

So jealous, haven't ordered a single hosta - although I intend to pick up Oil Paint and Pin Stripe Sister. Just those two will make quite a dent in the hosta budget!

Mid 20s in the forecast, worried about Sea Lightning, which has put up pips.

Heresy, I know, but I've been buying other things for the garden, like Kincaid plant markers and landscaping block. Also considering having the pond lined. The garden is just getting too full and too much to take care of, so I'm making what's already there look prettier.

How do you people with 500 plus varieties manage?

• User
    9 years ago

ILoveToGrow, looks like Hollywood Bob's may have some of the Chastain stock from the man who bought out Mary Chastain? ...... I can tell you that Verna Jean performs beautifully. I have about 5 of them and they grow fairly quickly. Last year I surrounded The Razor's Edge with them.

Also Banana Muffins is a good one. If it is yellow it does pretty well in my climate. Here it is 7/31/2014.

MadPlanter, my Pin Strip Sister just arrived. I'm hoping it does well here. One of my streakers from last year is leafing out, and so far all leaves have the streaks. All Jazzed Up....it looks great and vigorous.

I've ordered and received 2 orders so far. I have about 2 in the pipeline, and 2 orders yet to place. Plus, I will be driving to north Alabama over Mother's Day holidays, and on the way home swing by Hostas On The Hill near Birmingham to see her garden and pick up about 10 of her hostas.

The way I keep my slightly (well, maybe a little more than "slightly") over 500 hostas is in pots and in a dedicated hosta garden. I call it The Garden of The White Dove. Not so pretty right now, but that is a temporary condition. Hostas will cover the pots entirely in a matter of weeks. I am so glad my remodel is almost completed, because dealing with hostas in pots in south Alabama is a matter of being TIMELY....about the watering, about the drainage, and giving them a good springtime exposure to sunlight before the heat begins in earnest around mid June. First day of summer, longest day of the year, is when there is no shade on the north side of my house. Any pots sitting there must migrate to the south side of the house for afternoon shade, or else find a convenient umbrella.

Not having really counted acquisitions since mid season 2014, I'm estimating that total different named hostas will be around 550 when orders are received. Please, DonB, do not breathe a word of this to my "density calculator" husband ...

H. Annabel Lee by Alttara Scheer, ordered from Naylor Creek in 2013

• almosthooked zone5
    9 years ago

Josephine aka crazy hosta lady you are going to love the Bridal Falls from HC. I have yet to see how it has grown and got mine from the boys in late August last season. I do envy you that live close to them to go to the nursery in person . Talked to them by phone and are very interesting to chat with. Say hi from the two crazy ladies from BC( Myrle and Faye) This was the Bridal Fall I received from them and was very happy with the condition and size when it arrived

I did have a massive list from Naylors that Myrle brings back after her visit with her sister but decided with the $$ exchange and the fee for bringing them from the US to Canada I would try for local ordering. I never got around to doing that and went to our almost local ( 70 miles ) called The Greenery and came back with a really long list of their mature pots from overstocks of last years plants or older at $10 per pot. The largest being Fantasy Island at 91 shoots down to 7 being Aztec Treasures .There are a few I got last year but the size was so impressive , I had to have them. Here is the list of the 24 plants I got 1. Fantasy Island

2. Emerald Charger

3. English Sunrise

4, Limetini

5. Rebel Heart

6,Pineapple Upside Down Cake

7. Lettuce Salad

8. Aztec Treasure

9. Waving Winds

10. Ocean Isle

11,Wylde Green Cream

12. Indigo

13. Fried Green Tomatoes

14.Lakeside Spell Binder

15. Miss Linda Smith

16. Cream Cheese

17. Moonstruck

18.Chi-Town Classic

19. Lakeside Zesty Zeno

20. Toka Flav

21 Wheaton Blue

22 One had the brittle label saying a fortunei spot with 1 inch border and blade shaped leaves 13 shoots

,23,24 are unknown with 22 and 31 shoots

Also justified my trip getting 4 from my list but last of their Q&Z stock

First Mate

Hope

Sharp Dressed Man

Delta Dawn

Too many to take pictures of so will do a group . Thinking I may have blew the wad and running out of room

9 years ago

Oohhh, Faye I am so glazing over looking at your amazing "haul"! Wish I was there!!! Those are huge, healthy hostas and I am envious. There would be no hostas left to sell had I been there with you!

I actually have Bridal Falls already...which I absolutely love... picked it up from Giboshihill Hostas last June when I picked up my 2013 Top Gun winner 'Choko Nishiki' aka On Stage. I can't wait to see (that makes the two of us) what it's pips/shoots/noses/$&@$ies look like this year! Your BF is wonderful, alright, Faye. Mine only had 4 leaves when I bought it but it ended up the season with 9 or 11, can't recall this instant. We will have to post our pics this year like proud mamas, won't we? There are several of us BF owners here.

Funny but I only have 'English Sunrise' out of your impressive list. I will be busy looking up all the names from this thread alone. Your list will bring me up to date with this thread. I just love shopping lists as shopping is a highlight to starting the season, don't you know. Lol

The excitement is building for me with each subsequent posting of pips, unfurled leaves, new purchases and on, and on, and on! I'm crazed with hosta frenzy!

Jo

9 years ago

Faye, I forgot something...I will definitely pass along a big HI from both you and Myrle! I can't wait to meet Glenn et al.

I am so looking forward to what I'm sure will be a super exciting visit to Hosta Choice Gardens. I love to meet and talk to owners/ growers/ gardeners, to pick up useful tid-bits, to view spectacular gardens, gawk at fabulous hosta specimens, and most of all...BUY, BUY! BUY!

I'll be posting about my trip/experience/my haul sometime in May. I have to set a definite time and date with Glenn yet. We all know...it's a given... that by the time May comes around, the Reserved List will have grown some more, lol.

• Kate1970
    9 years ago

So far I have ordered the following from Gary & Jack at Naylors

-Boracay

-Mini Skirt

-Pistache

-Well Shaked

-Zebra Stripes

I am working on my Land of the Giants order now. Translation: I am desperately trying NOT to send Jeff my credit card number and tell him to send me every streaked, curly, wavy, shiny hosta he has.