SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinmich

Strom Thermostatic Control Valve & Volume Controls for Shower

Nancy in Mich
9 years ago

I am looking at the Strom Plumbing shower system for a whole-bathroom remodel. The biggest reason I like their system? The nice porcelain labels on the volume control valves that tell you what each one controls.

The system consists of the thermostatic control valve and then individual volume control valve for each of the shower functions you have. For me, that will be three: regular shower head for DH, rain shower head for me, and a handheld. So three volume control valves like this, situated in a row above the TCV:
There is nothing like an ibox, no 6-way diverter. Each valve is simply on or not. If you have the water pressure, you could conceivably have all three on at the same time, though the hot water tank would empty in a few minutes if you did that. BTW, even on its own site, Strom Plumbing publishes no information about the volume of water per minute that their Thermostatic Control Valve can handle. It is shown with 3/4" intakes from the hot and cold water supplies, a 3/4" output that then goes down to 1/2" with no visible interchange in the plumbing system. I understand that I have to check with m local plumbing codes, as there are jurisdictions (CA, VT) that may not allow a set-up that allows more than one valve to be turned on at one time. If I check this and find that I do not have a code problem, is there any reason I should not go with this simple system for my new roll-in shower? No tub, just a shower.

Comments (8)