SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
springddd

New leaves - possible too much watering?

springddd
9 years ago

Hi! New member here. I haven't had a chance to go back too far into the forum, but would appreciate any insight. I was gifted a Meyer lemon tree which was outside until just before the first snowfall in Connecticut. It had sparse leaves and one large fruit on it. I replanted it in a larger pot with composted soil which was recommended to me by the local garden center. The plant then sprouted tons of lovely blooms and seemed to be doing good given it's new pot and indoor location. A week later, all blooms dropped and any of the tiny fruit buds also dropped, leaving me with the original leaves. A month later, I have been watering it much more than I think it should have and - voila! - leaves and new fruit popping out all over the place. Leaves are coming out of the bare branches and fruit is coming where the leaves meet. So my question is: what can I do to ensure that I don't have another leaf/fruit bud drop when I get that far again? I am so excited to get the fruit! House is very dry due the very cold winter we are having and I am watering the plant nearly every day. Thanks for any feedback!

Comments (2)