SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sephia_wa

Sleep Apnea

sephia_wa
9 years ago

Anyone here have sleep apnea? I do, and just wanted to say that if you do, be sure and get treated for it. I use a CPAP to sleep, and feel so much better than before I was diagnosed for it. Finding the right mask can be challenging, but once you do, sleeping is easy. It's just now part of my bedtime routine, to put on my mask and turn on the machine. I recently lost a friend to sleep apnea - she died in her sleep. And she was being treated for it, but one night decided not to wear it. She had a host of other conditions as well - diabetes, heart disease, was overweight - probably due to many years of untreated sleep apnea. So if you have it, or suspect your partner does, get treated! A sleep study is a little awkward - being connected with all those wires and cables. I can vouch though - they don't come off during the sleep study, no matter how much you toss and turn. I also just recently read an article about professional athletes who have it - it's quite prevalent. And thin people get sleep apnea too - it's just not a condition of being overweight. There are a lot of detrimental health conditions that can develop from untreated sleep apnea. So if you suspect you have it, or your partner does, have a sleep study to find out.

Comments (10)