SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01_gw

Just ordered myself a new face

daisychain01
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I almost never spend money on cosmetics, but this year I turn that magic age of 50 and, as others told me would happen, everything is falling apart.

Since I've been feeling a little down in the dumps lately, I decided to treat myself. I couldn't find any clothes that would change my life (altho some of emerson fry's spring/summer line came close), so I started looking at cosmetics.

I'm one of those lucky ladies who still get hormonal breakouts despite my advanced years and when I came across Mario Badasco's powders (silver and green healing), I thought they'd be worth a try. I'll let you know if they are as miraculous as the reviews would have me believe.

Then I realized that Nordstrom's also carries 2 of my favourite cosmetics ever. I used to have my friend bring them to me from Europe when you couldn't buy them here.

The first is Yves St. L. Touche Eclat. This is an eye brightener (not a concealer) that you've probably heard of, but thought I'd mention it anyway. I don't think I've ever read a bad review of this, but when I was younger I didn't find it that life changing (I admit to trying to use it as more of a concealer). I think now that my skin is older and more sallow and I'm willing to pay for both this and a concealer, I should have better results.

The second is SKII. When my friend first turned me onto this, I literally had no money to purchase it (pretty expensive) and she would give me the samples that she got when she bought her product. I hoarded this like a crazy lady. I would only use it when I had a special occasion. It would instantly transform my skin and take me from tired to refreshed. I have heard some say that the miraculous effects wear off or aren't as noticeable after long term use. I don't care. I'll take a year of younger looking skin. I bought a 3 piece kit for a fairly good price.

I can hardly wait for my goodies to arrive!

Anyone else have a holy grail of cosmetics that they'd recommend?

Comments (18)