SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summerluv121

Swanstone question and complete remodel vs tub first?

summerluv121
9 years ago

Hi,

1st time home buyer and am excited and stressed out at the same time... I got a small 1 bed 1 bath condo that really needs remodeling in the bathroom. Since I only have 1 bathroom, I need the work done ASAP.

I know I want to replace everything eventually, so I'm wondering if I should do a complete remodel or just the most important parts ( tub, tub surround, and toilet) first so I can take my time with rest of the stuff. Is it cheaper and easier to do the whole thing at once? Or is it better to take my time and find individual contractors (vanity, flooring) later at my own pace once I get the essentials out of the way? I'm also overwhelmed with the choices out there. Should I buy my own material? Or just go to a one-stop shop?

And also, a lot of the contractors or one stop shops don't do pre-fab'd surrounds like Swanstone. They either do tile, or want me to buy granite slabs then charge a large amount to cut it up and install. If you live in So Cal, can you please tell me a reputable Swanstone installer?

Thanks everyone!

Comments (2)