Who's going to watch the SNL 40th Anniversary show?
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (26)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
DH's 40th bday-need ideas
Comments (28)Well, guys, it's Sunday night and I didn't make it to the house one time this weekend. I slept late both days and walked 3 miles in a walk a thon for diabetes research today. Moving a little felt good. I used to walk 5 miles a day, back in the good old days. I really need to make time to do that more often. I am a little more rested and actually feeling almost normal, but unfortunately it is back to work tomorrow and the insulation is nowhere close to finished. That's ok because I can't get the srocker there anyway. Jodie, each little thing that gets finished helps me envision actually living there. DH and I are killing ourselves together at the house, so if I am at the house he usually is too. We had a heart to heart and he is actually being much more supportive during my breakdown. Nancy in Mich, I think I am going to do exactly as you suggested. I ordered appliances about 2 hours away and some couldn't be delivered, so I have to pick them up. I think I am going to take a friend with me and hide in a hotel for the weekend when they come in. That should be any day now. Thanks, everyone. I was really cracking last week. I don't know why everything was getting to me. I always have a lot on my plate. I'm the girl that did her student teaching pregnant and went back to finish when dd was 11 days old. I knew she was sleeping the whole time I was gone and it was then or never. I'm a glutton for punishment. Anyway, I know I'm doing way too much, but it's not like I've never been busier. I'm usually a lot stronger than this. I just don't know why I am losing it mentally now of all times. Amyway thanks for all the support during my nervous breakdown. I hope it is over, although this has happened 20 times in the last month. I cry at the drop of a hat. I'm going to bed now, hopefully to avoid breakdown #368....See MoreBetty White on SNL
Comments (15)I just watched the video. 88 years old? What a beautiful woman! My dh and I were talking not long ago how Hollywood hardly ever uses older women in leading roles, and it's the older women (I'm one of them, almost! lol) who are the scene stealers. I wish they'd use more of them. :(...See MoreMilestone anniversary celebrations: What did you do?
Comments (25)We're pretty much like roses, nothing special for anniversaries. Some years we go out to eat, others we don't bother. i do have a doozie of a 25th story though. A few weeks before that anniversary while on a road trip (sans husband) I had car trouble. A few days later I realized the very small diamond in my engagement ring was gone; I suspect it was or maybe still is in the grass next to I-95 between Cocoa Beach and Miami which is where I was crawling around trying to deal with the car. So, I was sitting on the couch when I noticed the missing stone--no I'm not the most observant woman. Although it wasn't a large or expensive diamond it was what he gave me when were were young and starting out so, upset, I went into the bathroom where my husband was showering to tell him I'd lost ti. Whereupon the poor man uttered the most foolish words a husband could come up with: "Well, maybe you want to get something bigger to replace it." Took me about one nanosecond to agree to that plan and in the end I traded up to a stone 400% bigger than my original and just for good measure to a platinum engagement setting and band. Yowza, I figure that 25th anniversary gift will stand in for all the years before and after :). Ann...See More70th Wedding Anniversary
Comments (5)what about a simple slide show? (that's all PowerPoint is--a word-based slide show w/ fancy fades and zooms, and a computer to help you type out the words.) Get people to send you copies of photos of them from all the stages of their life. My brother's company in Des Moines would be able to take those photos and turn them into a presentation for you. They can scan them, add text if you'd like (or not), and provide you with the equipment necessary to project the pics on the wall (or a big screen). His company is in Des Moines (Triad Productions), and I don't know if they do work by mail. But there have to be other companies like this in other cities. If Des Moines can support such a business, Denver certainly can; ditto Oklahoma City, Dallas. In fact, Des Moines has several companies that could do this sort of work, so help is out there. Go to www.yellowpages.com, and do a search for your area using the term "audio visual"--you'll get several categories. Or, of course, you might find someone else in the family w/ more computer skills who can help with that, if *you* can do the legwork of getting your hands on the pictures, and organizing them. My folks celebrated their 50th anniversary, and they had a slide show like this running continuously. It was neat--there were a couple of pics from them when they were dating, and pics from their wedding, and then from many events throughout their lives. I think your grandparents would like the slide show; who doesn't like pictures? And everybody ELSE will like it, too--don't forget that audience! If it's a really BIG family, you could do a huge poster w/ a family tree. Maybe complete with photos? There are family-tree softwares, I think, but you can also do this w/ posterboard and glue and scissors and markers. For that, you could get some help--assign each of their children the responsibility of drawing their own family tree down to grandkids on a single sheet of 8.5x14" paper, and then fit them together somehow? Here is a link that might be useful: Triad AV Services...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

INSIDE HOUZZData Watch: Houzz Renovation Barometer Shows a Return to Normal
The majority of home renovation professionals report that business activity has returned to pre-recession levels, though challenges remain
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNRoom of the Day: A Bathroom Remodel to Celebrate a 50th Anniversary
A Northern California couple removes obstructions to create a soothing, spa-like master bath
Full Story
CONTRACTOR TIPSContractor Tips: 10 Remodel Surprises to Watch Out For
Know the potential setbacks before you start to save headaches and extra costs in the middle of a renovation
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Confidential: 9 Trends to Watch for in 2016
Two top interior designers share their predictions for the coming year
Full Story
MOST POPULARTrend Watch: 13 Kitchen Looks Expected to Be Big in 2015
3 designers share their thoughts on what looks, finishes and design elements will be on trend in the year ahead
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOME8 Laundry Room Ideas to Watch For This Year
The Hardworking Home: A look at the most popular laundry photos in 2014 hints that dog beds, drying racks and stackable units will be key
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BUTTERFLIESA Quick-Start Guide to Bird-Watching for Fun and Learning
Set out some seed and grab your field guide. Bird-watching is an easy, entertaining and educational activity for the whole family
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES13 Home Design and Decor Trends to Watch for in 2013
It's predictions ahead as we find out what's on the radar of designers and makers for the coming year
Full Story
BUDGET DECORATINGPop Culture Watch: Get a Good Rap With Thrift Store Scores
Eight rooms that rock secondhand finds, in an ideabook inspired by rappers taking YouTube by storm
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Watch a Sliding Wall Turn a Living Space Into 5 Rooms
A clever custom storage piece transforms this New York City microstudio into multiple living spaces
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations

nodakgal