SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Milestone anniversary celebrations: What did you do?

Sueb20
9 years ago

DH and I are coming up on 25 years in about 6 months. I was 12 when we got married, BTW. For our 20th, we went to Paris for a week without kids, which was our first time alone for a week since kids came along, and it was awesome. DH also bought me a beautiful necklace when we were there. For 25, we don't have such big plans. We are going to Iceland next summer, with the kids, so you could call that an anniversary trip...even though we usually go on a big trip every summer anyway! I am also eyeballing some anniversary rings...he doesn't really know this yet. ;)

It is really difficult for us to get away without kids, even though they are older (youngest is 13) because their schedules are crazy and we don't have family who can come stay with them. We do have an opportunity to go away for 3 days while youngest DD is on a school trip in the spring, so I think we will call that our "anniversary trip" and tentatively we are planning to visit Charleston, which has been on our to-do list for years.

So I am curious, if you've had a big anniversary, what did you do to celebrate? Gifts? Trips? Just a nice dinner? Or if you have one coming up, what have you planned?

Comments (25)