SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer2413

Need help with appliance choices, layout critique

jennifer2413
9 years ago

Hey all. We have a preliminary kitchen plan attached.

I am trying to work with a $6-7k appliance budget, but I do not need a dishwasher.

My current thinking is:

Roughly $2500 for a fridge: either an LG or Samsung 36 inch french door with extra drawer. OR full size Frigidaire professional fridge only/freezer only, thereby eliminating the roll out pantry cabinet to the left of the fridge. (There is additional pantry space on the other side of the island not pictured here.)

Cooking: I am definitely set on a 36" gas cooktop. And I need two ovens, although it's fine if the second is not full-sized.

The options there are

a) Verona double oven range, in which case the existing wall oven space can be used for a roll out pantry if we go for the full sized fridge and the microwave can either go in the island (as it is now) or be hidden in a cabinet somewhere. Right now I favor this plan except for the Veronas being a little bit of an untested question mark -- I wish I knew more about them/felt more comfortable with service options, etc. But the price is right and it meets all my needs. I'm slightly concerned about the main oven being a little small but they claim you can get a 25 lb turkey, which sounds good to me. We do lose a little bit of cabinetry where the range ovens would go.

b) 36 inch Jenn Air or KA cooktop or rangetop, (I have a good hookup for these brands) with very basic barebones double wall ovens (Whirlpool?) in the spot indicated here and a microwave stuck somewhere as in option a.

c) 36 inch Jenn Air or KA cooktop with the KA combination oven and no additional microwave. This is the most expensive scenario, and I'm hesitant to have the small oven double as the microwave because I feel like I often use them both at the same time. (We have two elementary school aged boys and still nuke/bake a lot of kid food, often simultaneously...) But I like the idea of not having to accommodate another appliance.

Any thoughts on which way I should go or what I should be asking myself to help decide? Or is there a d I'm not thinking of in this price range? Thanks!

Comments (32)