SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foodfiend_gardener

Please critique my kitchen appliance choices!

foodfiend_gardener
11 years ago

After days of review and thought, I have come up with this list to give our builder for him to "price". Thanks so much to those forum members who have not only helped when I asked questions, but to those who posted questions and answers in many different threads over the past year or so.

I settled on a rangetop and wall oven/ convection microwave based on looking at a lot of kitchen designs to determine what kind of "look" I want (and I wanted a unit with at least 5 burners and a griddle, which I use often). I have back problems and lifting heavy pans out of a range oven is sometimes painful; using a wall oven would be so much easier. For the fridge, I know that it's "cool" to have a French door refrigerator,but I used one for 2 weeks on vacation and I really missed my side-by-side. The dishwasher choice is based on ratings because I really have no strong opinions, one way or another except that I want it to be quiet.

Wolf 48" Gas Rangetop SRT486G w/ 6 burners and griddle

Bosch HBL8450UC 30" single wall oven
Bosch HMB8050 30" built-in microwave

Samsung side-by-side refrigerator RSG307AARS

Bosch SHX55RL5UC dishwasher

Now, these aren't absolutely final decisions. It's too early in the process for me to be absolutely "set" on any of these choices, so if anyone out there has any suggestions or possible alternates, please don't hesitate to let me know! :)

This post was edited by foodfiend_gardener on Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 8:03

Comments (10)