SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizkva_gw

Please critique my appliances (Jenn-Air, Electrolux Icon)

lizkva
14 years ago

I have browsed this forum for months and have finally come up with a list of appliances for my kitchen renovation. The first lesson I learned on this forum was to select appliances according to individual performance, not general brand name so I am looking at several brands that do well in each category. My main limitation is that I want so-called "pro-style" or towel bar handles on appliances that usually have handles (e.g., fridge, oven), which has really limited the choice of brands I can consider. Price is also a limitation--I'm not interested in the really high-end brands. And, finally, I would love to avoid anything that is repair-prone.

Jenn-Air:

JFC2089HEP Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator with Pro Style Handles [I loved the whole Euro-style line but only read good things here about the fridge, not other appliances such as ovens]

Electrolux Icon:

--Single Wall Oven w/ Pro Style Towel Bar Handle - E30EW7GPS

--Built-In Microwave Oven - E30M065GSS [would love to hear about cheaper alternatives since I don't need such a fancy and expensive microwave,just something simple to heat up meals which doesn't clash with the design of the main Electrolux oven]

--30" Drop-In Induction Cooktop - E30IC75FSS [would also consider GE Profile induction cooktop or anything else in similar price range--around $2000--since, according to Cons Rep,they all perform comparably]

--Dishwasher - EDW5505EPS [I haven't read anything bad about the Electrolux Icon dishwasher so am throwing it in with the other Electrolux appliances but I would consider other brands such as Miele or Bosch if they perform comparably and are priced similarly, around $1100 or less]

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Comments (2)