SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhome410

Oven complaints? Monogram, Bosch, Electrolux/Electrolux ICON?

rhome410
14 years ago

It seems I am again in the market for a double convection wall oven. My 2nd Fisher and Paykel oven is going back and I am starting over. I am looking at Monogram ZET2 models (the ones with knobs and the full extension glide racks that stay in for self-clean), Bosch 800 Series, and Electrolux or Electrolux ICON.

I have done a search and read positive remarks for all of these ovens. Anyone have any complaints or any negatives I should know about when considering any of these ovens...Especially the 2 biggies: Baking performance or construction quality problems? We bake a LOT (sandwich and artisan breads, pizza, cookies, pies, muffins, cakes) and roast (meats and veggies) fairly often, so any difficulties or inconsistencies could be a big deal to us.

I've read about the porcelain flaking issues in the Electrolux, which isn't great news, because of my porcelain issues in the F&P ovens. But I can see from reading, also, that there are Electrolux ovens out there without that problem. Do any of the other ovens have that problem? Has anyone figured out if there are significant advantages of the ICON over the 'regular' Electrolux? I think I'd like both ovens to offer the same options...Convection and baking modes, meat probe, etc.

Of course, I also welcome hearing about any exceptional positives that might help in this decision. They all look pretty good, but I really hope to love and keep an oven for the long haul this time!

Thanks so much.

Comments (25)