SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sburgess75

Lacanche vs. CornueFe 1908

sburgess75
9 years ago

I'm married with a six month old son and we're modeling a victorian kitchen in SF. I am considering these two ranges - such a great fit visually with a victorian! My concern is form over function...am I getting a stove and a range that I will still be happy with, as I do actually cook every day and fully intend to learn more over the years. This isn't just for show - I do a lot of meat searing, roasting (typically very low temp roasting) braising and a I use the broiler a bit here and there. I have ventilation covered, now I have to decide on the range. While I am definitely not a chef, I am a serious cook and plan to grow into whatever setup I choose over the years.

I definitely want one integrated stove and range, that is what space will allow. I can do the 36" Cornufe or the 40" Lacanche, although the commitment of the odd sized Lacanche makes me nervous. What I really need is feedback from actual buyers and users of these two ranges. Can anybody help me out? If you read through these forums enough you will find a problem with basically anything that sounds like a deal breaker (loud ovens, doors hot to the touch, terrible service, these ovens are just for show, etc.). I'd love to hear feedback from actual users, thanks in advance for taking the time!

Comments (6)