SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newtotexas_gw

La Cornufe vs. Lacanche, AGA and others

newtotexas
9 years ago

Hi - we are in process of narrowing down choices of a professional range for our new kitchen. We'd rather not go the traditional route of a Viking/Wolf/etc. and really like the look of these European ranges.

Knowing that a La CornuFe' is not a handmade range like it's Chateau siblings (and that it really is a repackaged AGA that we still love the look of much more than any other range out there) I would be curious as to people's opinions here.

It looks like to me that the 36" AGA vs. the La CornuFe' 90 are about the same price point when you factor in shipping/etc. from WS to get the CornuFe' here in the States. I wouldn't have even looked at the AGA except that we called a culinary school here locally and one of the instructors said she had an AGA. They also taught with the LaCanche.

On the other end of spectrum we probably would go w/ the Lacanche but it is about 4K more for the configuration we wanted - 8K vs. 12K. Personally we like the look of the La CornuFe better - the burners/etc. and the 7 modes of convection on the CornuFe' seem great. The dual ovens on the 36" Bussy also are nice (though we already have another wall oven... so a 3rd isn't a must for us and might be a bit of overkill).

I guess my question is whether the La CornuFe' will be about the same in performance to the Lacanche. While it would be nice to have a stove that was hand made, for us the price difference doesn't seem to warrant it when we like the look of the La CornuFe' better and overall prefer the layout/function of the stove/oven.

One concern we also had on the Lacanche and AGAs was that they have been reported to radiate quite a bit of heat even when not in use. In heart of Texas that certainly would not be ideal during the summer.

Any thoughts? I know there is quite a bit of back and forth between Lacanche vs. LaCornueFe'/LaCornue and I rarely see comments about the AGA Legacy (probably what we would go with).

Many thanks in advance...

Comments (5)