SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_bowers492

Please review my floor plan

Jeff Bowers
9 years ago

We've made some good progress on our build. We closed on the lot, and we've found a home designer to work with. After a couple of rounds with him, we have a plan that we'd like to get some outside feedback on. Angel and I would sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

Elevation
Main
Second

Our lot is in a residential subdivision, north facing, and with some nice views to the rear. The house can't be any wider, and there's not space to move or reorient the garage.

About us: This will be the principal residence for my wife and I. We are in our early 40's. We have four children with us part of the time. Oldest is 19, and the youngest is 9. Angel's parents come to stay for extended periods, and we need a main floor suite for them.

I come from a very large family, and we will be hosting them regularly. We want to be able to easily accommodate 30 people eating together. We both enjoy cooking, and the kitchen is a big focus of this design. In addition, it needs to handle up to 4 more people cooking (prepping) at the same time.

The house will have a full basement, and we will be using part of it for a kids play space and a craft room.

* I do have the designer's permission to post this plan.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!