SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drinaz_gw

Adult daughter says actions speak louder than words

Drinaz
9 years ago

My Daughter and I have not had the best relationship over the years and now it's to a point where she doesn't believe I love her because I don't "show" her. To show is different for everyone and in my case I recently had to ask my daughter to leave our home, because she was having a negative impact on her younger sibling. This was not an easy decision as it is, but even harder considering she has my 3 year old grandson with her. There was much more at stake if she stayed. I have learned not to feel guilty but it hurts to hear that she is saying this about me and posting things on social media. According to her, I have never been there for her and she has always done everything on her own. I watched my grandson while she went to school and worked, made her lunch and breakfast before work when I could and didn't charge her rent. I do all of this because I love her. She chooses to continue a life style that is not agreeable to our family and has recently been a cause to a terrible incident with my younger son in school. It has been long over due for her to move out and she has a great job and a family of her own now. It's time for her to get herself together and start acting like an adult. Am I wrong?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County