SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andiephoenix

Trying to match tub, toilet and sink, help!

andiephoenix
9 years ago

We just bought a house and are remodeling the bathroom. It's a 1953 ranch in the Chicago area. Usually I'm a fan of making things period and historically accurate, but I'm not a fan of 1950s bathrooms, or home design in general, I tend to gravitate towards 1900-1920s era homes, however, our budget and functional reality did not allow for a house built in that time frame to be purchased....so I'm going with the earlier period as my design inspiration. There is a sink I found online that I really like, but since it isn't Kohler or American Standard, I'm not exactly sure about being able to coordinate a tub and toilet. Here is the sink I like:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Imperial-Vintage-36-inch-Wall-mount-Chrome-Pedestal-Bathroom-Sink-Vanity/6573333/product.html

I think the brand is Kingston, Fauceture line. My husband and I have done quite a bit of remodeling in the past except bathrooms, so we are in a bit of foreign territory.

Any thoughts on what brand of tub and toilet we should go for? What I like about the sink is it has wider sides to put stuff, and the sink and top isn't overly deep, as the sink will be directly opposite the bathtub, and its not a very wide bathroom, so depth of sink is important. But if anyone else has any better suggestions, I'm all for it!

Comments (2)