SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayhh

backsplash up to the ceiling?

9 years ago

Hi everybody. I am looking for some thoughts on an idea I have for my backsplash. We moved into this little log cabin a year ago - love the cabin, hated the kitchen. The cabinets were a traditional mess, but sturdy, hand made custom cabs made of solid hickory. Once we yanked out gramma's foo-foo valance over the sink and the appliance garages in the corners, and switched out the hardware, I was happy enough with them. We also put in new appliances and countertops.

On the one wall that is not an exterior wall (and therefore not a log wall) we are going to put in a tile backsplash. I am looking for a garnet/burgundy/wine colored subway tile. We want that splash of color in a room that is otherwise dominated by neutrals. I am thinking that we should bring that tile all the way up above the cabinets to the ceiling. I just think that doing so will look more like it belongs there rather than being put there -if that makes any sense.

In the photo below it is the long wall behind the dishwasher and fidge. The near countertop has seating around it and opens out into the main living area. I am going to mount and hide the outlets under the cabinets, so the wall will be solid. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
Thank, Kay.

{{gwi:2141865}}

Comments (16)