SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmeah

Which compromise is worse? Small sink or unconventional DW placem

dmeah
9 years ago

Argh. Just heard back from our KD who's helping us update and fix the layout/functionality of our tiny galley kitchen.

I'd wanted to put the 36" fridge, 24" DW, and sink on one wall, but KD tells me that the sink cabinet will be only 19 3/8" wide (interior dimension 17 7/8") with this plan. That makes for a tiny sink! We have a 21" interior width sink now and it works just fine for us, but I'm worried that any smaller won't... We could make the cabinets deeper to enable installation of a narrow sink that's long front to back, if that makes a difference.

The other option would be to have the sink and DW across from one another on the opposing walls of the galley kitchen. We had this set-up in a condo during my college days, and I hated it because water always dripped off dishes onto the floor between the sink and DW. But I've learned here on GW that I should give up my dish rinsing habit before loading the DW, so maybe this won't be an issue? And I've been hoping for a Rohl Shaws farmhouse sink.

So, of these 2 less than ideal options, which would you choose?

Comments (41)