SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mominmiami

Help withwith quartzite countertops.

MominMiami
9 years ago

Hi all,

I'm hoping I can find some information about the quartzite slab I'm looking at. The picture doesn't really show the detail, but the stone yard calls it "Snow Quartzite" in a leathered finish, and it's got a crystal like structure that can be backlit. I have read some of the threads on quartzite versus granite, so I feel well educated, but this one has me confused. I'm not sure if this is similar to "Crystallo" that I have found at other yards. The polished version of this was much more beige, and the man helping me said that the leather finish is what made it whiter. They had both, and it was definitely the same lot, only in a different finish, so he was at least telling the truth about that. I have a sample with some ketchup, olive oil, and soy sauce on it already, just to see what happens. Has anyone ever heard of "Snow Quartz" Quartzite, and if so, does this perform like a real quartzite or is it more like marble?

Also, does the leather finish make the stone more susceptible to staining, even if I have it sealed?

Thanks!

Comments (30)