SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

Starting over with a new (old) house - paint colors

9 years ago

This forum was such a huge help to me with our last house that I am back for help with our new place. We bought a fixer-upper which needs, basically, everything. We'll be changing the footprint and roof to start so we get a nice shell and over time we will rework the insides. It has had deferred maintenance on it for oh, the last 20 years. So for us, it is a blank slate.

While we are working on the plans for the house I am dying to be working on something so the safest (cheapest) think for me to do right now is audition paint colors.

In our last house we had Benjamin Moore Flowering Herb through-out most of the place with Greenmount Silk in the kitchen and Georgian Green in the bedroom.

I painted some samples of Flowering Herb and Greenmount Silk and took them over to the house and the Flowering Herb was very flat and not very exciting. I also tried Dried Parley and got the same muddy feeling.

Greenmount Silk wasn't bad but I think we could do better. I tried Creamy Silk and again, not bad but would like to see if we could do better.

I still need to try Georgian Green but would love other suggestions for a good happy green and also, hubby would like to see some more yellows. Trim will likely be Simply White which looked very nice there.

The ceilings are pine beams. Lots of windows and we want a warm, cozy feel.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)