SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigger9759

Layout help-Pic heavy

tigger9759
9 years ago

So I'm wide open for layout help; I've attached a drawing of the blank space, including a wall that is coming down in remodeling. The pictures of the hideous yellow and blue laminate countertops are current state and the B&W renderings are a proposed layout from a KD. I just purchased the home about 6 weeks ago and living with it through the holidays definitely gave me insight into things that works and things that don't. There is currently an island in the kitchen and the KD put another one in; however, at times it feels really tight and like all you do is navigate around the island instead of actually using it.

A little bit about me and my crew: I have 6.5 year old all boy triplets and a 4th boy that is almost 4 years old so there is lots of motion and chaos in my home :) I work full time but still cook most nights and do marathon freezer cooking sessions about every other month. A large pantry is important to me along with easy access. I plan to use mainly drawers on the base and would like a spot for a pull out double trash can and another space for cookie sheets, pans, etc. I hate the current 'mom desk' and would prefer to get away from it moving forward; it always winds up cluttered anyway. I'm currently debating some sort of communication center; or more appropriately due to my chaotic life, a bar area ;) The place the KD has as optioned is set up almost like a butler's pantry but that is where a table for an eat in kitchen goes so I'm not sure I want to sacrifice that along with the additional cabinet costs. So what else does anyone wanna know?

I'm meeting with 2 additional KDs this week and will have quotes through numerous cabinet lines; my preference is frameless with full overlay and of course soft close doors and drawers for my hellions.

{{gwi:2137979}}

{{gwi:2137980}}

{{gwi:2137981}}

{{gwi:2137982}}

{{gwi:2137983}}

{{gwi:2137984}}

{{gwi:2137985}}

{{gwi:2137986}}

{{gwi:2137987}}

And this is the room the kitchen will open into when the wall comes down; the wall coming down is to the left of the black dining table with the weird lamp in the corner:
{{gwi:2137988}}

{{gwi:2137989}} ...

Comments (15)