SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windowdave

Vytex GrandView windows, Simonton or others?

windowdave
9 years ago

Hello, I was trying to get some input on the Vytex GrandView windows.

I received a quote for 16 double hung and 1 picture window for about $10,800. The price seems competitive and the windows appear to be reasonably good for what I expect in a mid grade window. (08 Air infiltration rating .26 U-Factor .27 SHGC)

I have also received a quote for Simonton 5500 which was about $5300 not sure if the discounts are still available.

I was given a lot more information about the installation products used and feel a lot better about the Grandview windows, but they are on the extreme high end of my budget.

I briefly considered looking at Marvin, but was told they would be in the $800 per window realm which is just too high for me.

I am interested to see if Himark or Okna would have anything that could work with in my budget, but am thinking that my budget might be too small for those.

Any recommendations or suggestions of direction I should look into would be appreciated. its a 1980's house of so so build quality so I don't want to over spend on windows, but I'm not really interested in big box store or the $189 specials.

Some of the bigger factors for us are value, efficiency, sound and reduction of road noise ( sound rating are usually difficult to get and almost no representatives are able to give much input on this, Of course I'm not expecting the windows to be better than the insulated walls, but just better than the older wood windows that we have now. I would like as much view/glass as budget might allow. House is in the Northern Virginia area.

Target price is around $300-$500 per window. I know I should budget more, but am having a hard time justifying it.

thanks

Comments (23)