SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newgardenelf

Missing brunch guests- how people never fail to surprise....

newgardenelf
9 years ago

I shared this in entertaining but thought you might find it amusing too.......

We had a brunch for 20 of DHs coworkers this past Sunday. I made blueberry french toast, coffee cake, banana bread, egg and cheese quiches, bacon, kielbasa dish, rosemary potatoes, huge veggie tray with hummus and dressing, several fruits individually sliced. We had leftovers of everything and had been freshening and replenishing food throughout the meal.

Everyone arrived within 20-30 minutes of start except one couple who came an hour late. The husband filled his plate, the wife picked a few things.
While I was in the kitchen, the wife began complaining that she was hungry. She said was "hangry" = hungry+ angry. I wasn't there but apparently everyone was quiet and confused because she was surrounded by food. A few suggestions were given but when husband finished, they asked DH his recommendation for a local brunch place, and left. When DH told me they left- I just brushed it off as their excuse for needing/wanting to leave early.

About a half an hour later they returned praising our recommended brunch place. I asked the husband about it and he said- "oh, you know sometimes people just want to eat what they feel like eating" Sure, I get it- maybe you do that before or after?

Later that night , we received an email from the husband thanking us for the invitation and what a lovely time they had. He mentioned that he learned I cook Thai food which is his favorite and hoped they would be invited for a Thai dinner. I said my MY husband, "but what if the wife feels like Mexican that night" ......

This post was edited by newgardenelf on Tue, Feb 3, 15 at 8:48

Comments (63)