SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

I need a 'savory' dish suggestion for a brunch

caliloo
14 years ago

Here's the situation. My neighbor across the street is turning 80 this week and we are having a surprise brunch party for her this coming Sunday. The people who are "hosting" (well, its at their house, but a pot luck) have decided on the menu so far. Both the husband and the wife are control freaks and have "assigned" what people should bring (remember the Thanksgiving Letter Sushipup posted - imagine that as a phone call) I think we need another savory dish (that I will bring) that will go with the items the "hostess" has assigned.

We are expecting about 20 adults - it is a small street :-)

Here is what I know will be there:

1 egg-sausage casserole (9x13 dish)

1 hash brown casserole (9x13 dish)

1 spiral sliced ham (I am bringing this, so a little flexibility)

Bagels (hopefully 2 dozen, not my "assignment") plus "spreads"

Muffins (I have no other info on this)

2 cakes (12 inch, 2 different flavors from Wegman's)

1 "cookie tray" - no more info available

waffle stix & cut fruit (brought by the mom of the toddler twins so the kids have something to eat)

Vodka

Bloody mix

OJ

Beer

Coffee/tea

Juice boxes for the kids (only 3 little ones are going to be there)

So what else can I bring that is savory, can travel across the street, won't show up the nice neighbors sausage egg casserole (different flavor egg casserole is fine) and will "work" with the menu I have no control over?

Please help me find something else to bring - I don't mind bringing the spiral ham, but since I am the only one that LIKES to cook on my cul de sac, it seems silly that I was assigned something this easy and unimaginative......

Thanks in advance!

Alexa

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor