SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dahoov2

Door knobs/Levers and opinion on different ones

dahoov2
9 years ago

Okay, I have a dilemma. I'm having an addition put on. I'll need three door handles inside and two exterior. I have currently Kwikset Lido brushed nickel handles on all the interior doors. I'm getting three more for the new addition so no biggie here. So all interior doors will match.

My problem is the rest of the house. I have French doors that have a brass fancier plate and glass knob and a brass longer lever (Schlage) on the front door and then I have a side door that has the Lido Kwikset but in brass on the side door. So basically all the exterior doors are brass and all different (only the side door sort of matches the interior look) Now I am adding French Doors and an exterior entry storage room which I'll need handles for. I don't know if I should ditch all these brass exterior ones to match the indoor ones? It'd be pretty pricey. I think the French Doors and the Front door are more than 200 each. Is it ok to match say the new French doors with the other French Door and then the storage room door with the side door. Is it okay to mingle brass and brushed nickel or is it tacky? Ugh!

I don't know if I am being anal about this or not. I would think my Front door doesn't matter THAT much because the door is totally different anyway than the other white doors I have. So different Front door is probably cool. But should I do brushed nickel and Lidos on the other doors? I really love the French door knob. It's very pretty... so I am sooooo confused! Thanks for any help/opinions in advance.

Comments (4)