SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetchastity

My cat is fat: Food recommendation and kitten update

sweetchastity
9 years ago

Hey all!

I'm looking to switch food for my kitties. I hate dry but can't afford all moist so I would like a combination for them. I'm hoping people have suggestions. I think if I order online I can save money and get a system of ordering in place to match my pay checks.

Muffin is fat. I am actually not happy that she has put on so much weight over the last few months. I free-fed Muffin and Dustin all the time I had them and Muffin never put on weight (Dustin did but he ate way too much kibble). But Muffin never seemed to have trouble staying her normal weight even with food sitting out. But all our family's pets are overweight by some degree and while the vet said Muffin was overweight last year at 9 lbs, I never considered her overweight though because like the BMI index for humans, some individuals are totally healthy with a little more on them than the 'norm' suggests they should have. She was happy, healthy and active (a good jumper). She had a bit of belly flab that hung low and flapped from side to side as she ran so I think the extra weight was in that part of her body. But now she is fat. (see picture below)

She also had 2 bladder stones removed last year so I need to feed her something that won't cause stones. She also throws up a lot so putting out dry food with moist will help since she'll eat the moist first and leave the dry until she's hungry.

Mihu is still a kitten so she'll need kitten food but I'd like to have the same system of moist/dry food for her.

Update:
So everything is progressing as well as I expected for my kitties. Muffin wants nothing to do with the kitten and Mihu wants everything to do with Muffin. Muffin has never been a social cat even with my old cat so no surprise there. Lots of hissing and growling and hiding under the bed but no physical fights.

This post was edited by sweetchastity on Thu, Dec 4, 14 at 15:22

Comments (19)