SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotussenshi

My Kitten is fat... does it have worms?

lotussenshi
14 years ago

Hello all!! I found this kitten bout 3 months ago. I took it to the vet and he told me that she was roughly 6 weeks old (yeah i know to young..) but she was able to be kept. So i had him give her the shots required and stuff so that she is healthy. I started off feeding her soft food cuz she was so young. Then after her teeth got stronger (i judged that by the strength of her bites) i switched her gradiaually over to hard food. I been feeding her meow mix kitten blend. But after a month she started getting kinda fat. I thought it was cuz she was eating to much, so i monitored her feeding habvits and just like people, she will come to the kitchen when i make food and sit down at her bowl and begin eating shortly after i begin eating. So i know she isn't eating that much and at night before bed i put her food up (Found that if i dont put it up before bed she will dump the bowl over and play with it in the middle of the night)

So now im starting to think that she might have worms. My vety is a grumpy old man and all he said was "Its normal for your kitten to get fat. You're fat shes just mimicking you" Yes, he really said that to me. But im thinking maybe she has worms? Any advice or insight?

Comments (8)