SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katya10

Electrolux wall oven-died (again) after self-clean

katya10
9 years ago

I don't know where to begin regarding my experience with my Electrolux wall oven and with Electrolux customer service in general.

The model I am talking about is the EW30EW5CGS5 that we purchased in 2009. From the start it has been plagued with the same problem/flaw. The oven dies after a self clean cycle. Unacceptable for a high end product that has self clean as one of its features and selling points.

From the start I have been met with resistance and shirking of responsibility from Electrolux Canada regarding this problem.
While under warranty, I had repairmen in on several occasions (one even had the audacity to suggest we not use self-clean!)

Why the onus for a problem apparently inherent (as evidenced from all the complaints online) to this oven should be placed on owners is beyond me.

I find Electrolux's response to this reprehensible. When I spoke to customer service today, the guy was almost smug in telling me-well the appliance is over 5 years old-what do I expect type of thing. When I tried to explain that this was a problem from the start I got the usual-nothing we can do.

How is it Electrolux can get away with this? Countless complaints online regarding their high end products and shoddy customer service. Blatant disregard for consumers and the consumers satisfaction in their product.

We will never buy an Electrolux/Frigidaire appliance again. Buyer beware.

Finally just as a side note. I am not one to take to the internet with a rant of any kind. Not my style at all. I guess the injustice of this has compelled me not to remain silent and to advise people who are researching buying new appliances.

Comments (15)