SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gursg24

Mauviel M'Cook or All-Clad D5

gursg24
9 years ago

Cross post from the cookware forum. Sorry for the extra post, but this forum seems busier so I thought I might have more responses here.

We are looking to upgrade our cookware from a mix of various cookware including torn up non-stick and non-clad SS Faberware. We found good deals on both Mauviel and All-Clad for roughly equivalent medium sets for basically the same price. In comparing them (without using) they look fairly equivalent in build quality and weight. I would say the look of the All-Clad is more industrial while the Mauviel has a more classic, romantic look. However, we aren't buying them to look at but to cook. Does anyone have direct experience with both that could offer a comparison? I have only found a few reviews of the Mauviel that seem somewhat mixed, but not a lot about the actually cooking. Lots and lots of reviews of the All-Clad, but I taking them somewhat with a grain of salt as I think All-Clad is somewhat like Bose is to stereos (what the un-initiated think of as the best). That is not to say All-Clad is not good, but I would love to hear from the experts! Especially anyone with Mauviel M'Cook experience. We need to return one set and will keep the other. Thanks for the help.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert