i have never felt so alone lost and frightened

BewilderedShock

i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due to depression. due to suicide. it was sudden and shocking. he never did opened himself up to me. till this day, i do not know how to mourn or grief. i keep having flashback to the morning when we received news of his suicide. i could not get over it. every waking hour i keep thinking how it could have happened.

its been 6,7 months and still i am not getting better. theres limited support group or help from where i am. Nobody wants to be associated with widows and suicides. to them its frightening and must be avoidable. this is how crazy a society i am from.

My friends pretty much have their own life and husband and kids. there's isn't anyone i could turn to. Hell, my in laws blamed me and after the funeral, we part ways like strangers only in contact when it involve money.

i feel like i am completely damaged, i still could not come to term with the shocking act he dealt me. i have no more family of my own, no kids and no true friends.. i felt alone and stuck and i am sinking fast into depression...

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

I bet it seems like everything just spirals into worse & worse panic, doesn't it?

I've been that way before, & it's terrifying.

I found that the best way to get my mind to stop obsessing about bad things I can't do anything about is to get very very busy;
if you have to pay attention to customers, or technical things, or counting someone else's money, you give your mind a rest, & eventually your brain & body sort things out & it really does get better.

Do you work outside the home?

If you do, focus on work.

If you don't, get a job, or make yourself help someone else;
helping someone else gives us a jolt of reality like nothing else, plus, it is very fulfilling to know that someone is grateful to have us in their lives.

Save    
marie_ndcal

Because you live in Korea, I would suggest you talk to some social workers in your largest hospital. Or, contact one of the churches in your area.

Save    
JoAnn_Fla

This may be of help to you. Widows-Widowers/support-group

Its been 3 yrs and 5 months for me and its so very hard, it will get easier but never the same. 1 step and 1 day at a time. I still feel very alone and like the world is going on without me. Nothing is the same. I know how your feel. It is a roller coaster with ups and downs for a long time, just ride with it expect the curves its all normal (unfortunately)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular So You Say: 30 Design Mistakes You Should Never Make
Drop the paint can, step away from the brick and read this remodeling advice from people who’ve been there
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Slow Down: The (Lost) Art of Laziness
Do you go to bed with to-do lists flashing through your head? Try one of these ideas to give yourself a break
Full Story
Fun Houzz Survey Says: We’re Scared of Being Home Alone — and Spiders
A new Houzz survey reveals that most of us get spooked in an empty house. Find out what’s causing the heebie-jeebies
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
LaFata Cabinets, a family owned business, is the largest custom cabinet manufacturer in Michigan. In addition to... Read More