Lifestyle Changes

bigbaby

Hey everyone. My husband and I are in the middle of trying to change our food and exercise programs. We have decided to go with a Plant Based-Whole Food plan. The problem is that we are having a hard time making the transition and there are no support groups in our area for this. I searched for online support groups and then I remembered this website! I used to be a regular visitor to the Kitchen Table forum. I am excited to find you AND to see that someone has posted here lately!

Is anyone else here following this food plan?

SaveComment2Like1
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elleau

Hello! I suggest before following your food plan, start your detox first. Three or five-day juice cleansing (without eating any solid food) is recommended to flush out toxins from your body. It's like rebooting your body. After that, start your healthy living protocol. :)

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
workoutlady

Bigbaby- I remember you at the kitchen table. You should come on over there again. The poster above said to do a detox first. I don't recommend doing this without first checking with your doctor. The reason I say this is a detox program can mess up your medications and other health issues especially one for 3 to 5 days. I joined a different gym about 1 1/2 years ago. They had a very good weight lose/healthy eating 8 week program (I did the program 3 different times). They discussed detoxing like the one mentioned above and detoxing that is a bit more gradual. It's a lifestyle change and for some small steps are better. At least I know it is for me. The group I originally started with has started a support group that meets twice a month (not as a part of the gym). I go to my first group tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

There's a bunch of good and bad information out there which is why I recommend you first start with your doctor. I know that some clinics or hospitals have classes. Maybe you could start with that?

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Ecofriendly Kitchen: 9 Healthy Lifestyle Habits
Good for your body often means good for the planet. These kitchen ideas can help make your cooking and eating routines better for both
Full Story
Life Easy Green: Country vs. City for Ecofriendly Lifestyles
Urbanites, take heart: You've got some green advantages over your country cousins
Full Story
Books Can Tidying Up Result in Life-Changing Magic?
Organizing phenom Marie Kondo promises big results — if you embrace enormous changes and tough choices
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More