SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moobersmooberson

RH Multiport Diverter vs Flow Control Valves for each output

9 years ago

Need some help... we are in the process of a major remodel to our master suite. We are doing a 6x7 - 2 person steam shower that will have 2 complete shower units installed. The question that I have is which valve to get to match with our thermostatic valve. Details are:

Each shower will have 1 Restoration Hardware Eaton Thermostatic shower valve installed, and each valve will also have a 12" rain shower head, a handheld shower unit, and also a cascading waterfall shower head.

The specs on the thermostatic valve show that it can support 3 shower heads running simultaneously (16 gpm max flow rate), but my question is which diverter setup do I want/need? I doubt that we will ever have all 3 options running at once, but definitely want the option to at least have 2 going at once (i.e. rain shower head and handheld or waterfall head and handheld).

I think I know the answer (and that is to get 3 flow control valves), but couldn't find anything in the support docs about the multiport diverter that restoration hardware also sells. So after the long winded explanation, the question is, can the multiport diverter handle my request or do we need to get 3 separate flow control valves?

Thank you for your help!

Comments (3)