SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denagerb

Some questions about Blue Star

denagerb
9 years ago

Hi, I'm new here and generally don't post in forums but I don't seem to be able to find the answers to my questions easily online and the sales guy we ended up with at the only store near us didn't seem to interested in selling me a Blue Star. So hopefully someone here can help me!! (Please :) my husband and I are in the process of converting a barn into our house and so I get to design a brand new kitchen!! (My dream come true!!) Our new home is in Rual Manitoba, where the power goes out semi regularly in the winter and there is no natural gas so we will have to have propane delivered to satisfy our dream of cooking with gas. We have 4 kids and I'm a pretty great ;) and serious cook... Which is great because there isn't a decent restraunt for about 100km... So long story short I've been coveting an enormous range/ multiple ovens for a while now. I think I've settled on the Blue Star Platinum series only thing is is I can't find much out about the oven that come with the range as opposed to the wall ovens. 1) are the ovens that come with the range the same as the wall ovens? 2) any opinions out there as far as gas oven vs electric for Blue Star? 3) I bake all our own bread, mostly artisan style loaves (sometimes in the Dutch oven, and sometimes steaming my oven by pouring water into the pan) and regularly turn the oven on to 550F so I'm interested to know what the "proof" and "stone bake" modes listed as features of the wall ovens do.. Anyone with experience in these out there? Opinions? 4) will I hate the size of the small oven on the 48" range? I like the look of a range way more then wall ovens/ cooktop and while looks aren't everything they count.
Thanks so much for all your help in advance :)

Comments (13)