SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawjedi

Steam Oven Query - Love/Hate... why?

lawjedi
9 years ago

I've been set all along to get a double wall oven in this long-planned remodel. Occasional bad back, love of cooking & baking -- and a weekly homemade pizza night have driven this position. We are a family of 6, kids ages 7-14. (weekly pizza -- the thought was that 2 ovens would kick the pizzas out much quicker).

Throughout my planning, I'd be intrigued by the steam oven, but it was always out-of-reach budget-wise. With the introduction of the Bosch Steam Oven, it is still more than I was thinking of spending, but now in the realm of possibility.

I cook and bake a lot. My kitchen is used. Not a show kitchen. I've watched probably every you tube steam oven video -- it is very tempting.

Please tell me your experience with a steam oven. Do you love it? Do you use it more than a regular oven once you've passed the learning curve? Does it really make your food THAT MUCH better? that much HEALTHIER?

What about CLEAN-UP? How annoying is it? a quick wipe of the oven cavity after you are done? or a major cleaning out of water and other yucky splatters every time?

My oven plans:
either a dbl wall oven (considering electrolux or the bosch side swing -- probably side swing due to space consideration and my back)

OR
steam oven on top... with single bosch below. is the side swing/drop door as important for back issues when it is the lower oven? what about space? chances are with a drop down, I'd have to stand to the side. (other post noted my space considerations)

Besides additional cost, my other concern about the steam oven was the ability to produce a lot of pizza fast. I don't think the steam oven would be helpful on pizza night. ;-)

Thanks in advance for any input you have.

Comments (8)