SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann82_gw

Cut Corian countertop to accomodate slide-in range?

JoAnn82
9 years ago

We are doing a face-lift in our 1996 traditional house. We expect to live here another 5 years. The Corian countertops and cherry cabinets are fine. We have already replaced the refrigerator with stainless steel model (LG) and dishwasher (Bosch). We are now taking on the harder task of finding cooking replacements. We are new empty-nesters; I like to cook and bake but would rather spend my evenings hiking or golfing. We'd like to do the face-lift for $5 - 6K.

Please help me choose new 30" gas (LP) cooktop, 30 " electric oven (or range if cutting the Corian isn't impossible), and hood. The existing 30" gas cooktop sits over a 30" electric wall oven, all neatly topped off with a 30" OTR vented micro. (cooktop cutout of 19 1/4" x 28 1/4"). I can put a cheap microwave in the pantry so not a consideration in the budget. We have additional tile to fill the gap from removing the OTR microwave but the tile is uninspired 4" white square tile. I would love to include new tile backsplash in the budget. If cutting the countertop is an option, I can do dual fuel slide-in range but am open to all gas if baking won't be compromised. I'm indifferent to convection. I see it more as a resale requirement.

What I'd like from my appliances: a nice simmer, to boil a couple of quarts of water in under 15 minutes, get an oven to 350 in under 10 minutes, light my stove with a match in power outages, dependable performance, not overly difficult to clean, and room for both my Dutch oven on high burner and my 2 Qt. pan on the simmer burner at the same time (so leaning toward 4 burners instead of 5). Thank you so much for any recommendations!!

Comments (6)