SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

The Bee are Busy Today ...

The bees are VERY busy today, especially on the Baja red fairy duster. And look at all those buds ...
{{gwi:2131904}}

There is some fumbling to get at it since there is not much to hold onto, but what ever the bees are after, whether nector or pollen, it is collected from the little balls at the ends of filaments ...
{{gwi:2131905}}

There was also much frenzied activity on the orange globe mallow. I love its textured gray green leaves ...
{{gwi:2131906}}

I see you ...:-)
{{gwi:2131907}}

The Globe mallow is seen growing behind Color Guard yucca. This yucca is one tough plant. Though it might look fragile it's very freeze and drought tolerant ...
{{gwi:2131908}}

The same colors are shared by varigated ginger, but I'm not sure yet how cold tolerant it will be in a pot. Do you? ...
{{gwi:2131909}}

Fruit cocktail shrimp plant echos those same colors -- as long as there is not a hard freeze that might take it back. Years ago, before this variety of shrimp plant was available in nurseries, my friend Linda M. picked it up for me at a road side plant stand on her way to Houston ...
{{gwi:2131971}}

The pink striped sport of the purple Tradescantia is showing me it can be very pink in cooler weather. It more often reverts to it's purple parent in the summer and I was about the give up on it ...
{{gwi:2131911}}

Purple shamrock is a show off in almost any season. I didn't know it was ground hardy until Omar told me ...
{{gwi:2131912}}

Included here for the 'cute' quality the dove (planter) is looking a little alarmed about sedum growing on his back. Thank you Patty ...
{{gwi:2131913}}

In spite of it's name the tall Wooly bee bush is not as attractive to bees as one might be led to believe, but I value it for its graceful always present racemes and for remaining evergreen through the coldest of winters. I'll have seedlings to share at the SAPS ...
{{gwi:2131914}}

While ever looking foreward to spring I'm so enjoying this year's December color and so are the bees. Happy holiday gardening ... :-)

This post was edited by roselee on Sat, Dec 20, 14 at 1:19

Comments (7)