SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

How Do You Kill MealyBugs On Huernias/Stapelias

PoohBearLvr
9 years ago

Does anyone know how to kill mealybugs on huernias/orbeas/stapelias? On the plant stems and in the soil. On the plant I have been killing them with alcohol on a Q-Tip, just wiping them off and killing them, and then I wash the stems off, so they don't burn from the alcohol, but in the soil, what can I use to kill them? I don't think I can pour alcohol in the soil,it would kill the roots wouldn't it?

I haven't had this much trouble with them in several years. It is mostly on my smooth waxy stemmed huernias
when I grow them inside under lights , they grow and bloom great, but I get mealybugs on a lot of them, I put them outside and I guess natural 'killers' come and eat them and they are gone in a few weeks, but ones in the soil, they are still around and I usually don't find out till the plant is dead. So...I need a preventive to put in the soil,or a systemic?? Maybe an easy to get pesticide or a natural homemade remedy? Something to spray on them, and to use as a soil drench to kill anything in the soil, if they are there. I apologize if this is a repeat post, I don't recall if I asked this a year or more ago or not, but I know I didn't get the answer, I lost a lot of plants.

Comments (12)