SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfrohman

Indoor Seedless Kishu Mandarin - DYING?

cfrohman
9 years ago

I've had a Dwarf Seedless Kishu that I ordered from Logees about 4-5 years ago. It was originally about 14 inches and is now close to 5 feet, living in a pot. I'm close to NYC, so zone 6. I put it outside in the summer (Late May to early Sept) and it's done very well. It grows quite a bit each season, but recently I've been a bit worried and I'd love some help!

1. It bloomed for the first time this summer. It had 100+ fragrant white blossoms...but every single one fell off without becoming fruit. Is this normal for the first bloom? How can I make it actually produce an orange?

2. More concerning, it's been acting weird for the last 2 weeks or so. As usual, it goes dormant as soon as I bring it indoors and basically just becomes a house plant until Summer. It has done the same this winter, but recently has started losing its leaves. I find 4-6 leaves on the floor per day. In addition, the remaining leaves are curling and have strange brown/white patterns in them. What could this be? I have attached pictures and I will add other posts with more.

Thank you!

Comments (7)