SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lumpy_j

I blame all of you

James _J
11 years ago

This past summer I clearly recall making the decision to reduce the number of plants I would need to move indoors for the winter.

I have a fuzzy recollection of some end of season sales in the fall.

Now it's winter and I somehow ended up moving more inside than I had last year.

Now since obviously all of you are to blame for this, I figure you may answer some questions.

I've had 2 orange trees for a few years which grow nicely but never fruit. I figured I would try some other varieties to see if they would do better. I picked up a Cara Cara, Kishu and a Daisy Mandarin. So I know oranges will ripen around winter time so when should I expect to see flowers?

If they do flower I plan on bud grafting the Kishu onto one of my older trees and the Cara Cara onto the other. If that works I would like to add some other varieties as well to extend the harvest season. So with the Kishu what other seedless mandarins could I add to have fruit early, mid and late season. Same question for the Cara Cara with two other navel's.

I have also been wondering if anyone uses lemon leaves for cooking. I picked up a cinnamon tree and camellia sinensis to make my own tea and was thinking that since the leaves on my lemon trees smell so nice they may taste good also.

Thanks

James

Comments (23)