SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbyabq

A Tillandsia Display idea

debbyabq
9 years ago

This is a baking dish I got at a yard sale. Picture taken in Dec 2014. Dish holds filifolia (or they may have a different name), a complacent ionantha in front, and in back a reddened up and currently (Jan 6) blooming (purple) ionantha of some kind. There are a variety of other plants, including a funkiana and some soft, gray strictas sitting around in little cups and wine glasses and other things I've found to use as displays. The look changes every time I soak the plants and return them to the display. Light is provided by a shop light with a grow light bulb and a cool white bulb. Oh, in the dish, under the tillies, are rocks and a bit of potting soil because in there is also some moss I lifted from my apartment complex's shady, overwatered landscape. I also have some of that same moss growing in a hanging globe meant for tillandsias; the moss likes that better than the tillandsia did. Finally, all these plants will go outside in the spring through the summer in a north-facing porch, like they did in 2014.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions