SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
askafasl

Greenhouses or outdoor ideas for tillandsias?

askafasl
10 years ago

Hello! I have a growing indoor tillandsia collection that I'd like to move outside so that they can grow and live at their best. I would like to keep them in a greenhouse as I don't have a lot of places to hang them in the backyard, however I'm not sure what greenhouse would be best for tillandsias specifically.

I don't want to invest in too crazy of a greenhouse and need something small (max 8' for a side). I've seen some shadehouses linked on here, however they are only available in Australia, and I live in the US.

How do you guys typically grow your tillandsias outdoors, and if you use a greenhouse what kind do you use? Also, how do you water them in the greenhouse? I don't think our tap water is that hard or basic/acidic, but most people recommend using rain (we don't get enough of that here) or filtered tap water. Would hose water be too harsh? It's very breezy here so I'm not as worried about air flow as I am about water levels...

Would this greenhouse work? http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/grow-it-6-x-8-organic-growers-greenhouse/hobby-greenhouse-kits

I'm also open to ideas other than greenhouses if I can make it work. Thanks for any help!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus