SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mattyruch

Request for advice/information on Simplicity Regent 4111

mattyruch
9 years ago

Hello all. I was doing an internet search and found this site and it seemed very helpful with good folks, so I'll give this a go.

I am back in possession of a garden tractor that my mum purchased (used) it 1979 and I spent literally hundreds (probably thousands) of hours on it as a boy.

Specs: It's a Simplicity Regent 4111 (11 horsepowers/25 CID Briggs and Stratton engine) with a Peerless 657 transaxle.

Specific Problems/Searches: The transaxle 'pops out' of second gear (three speeds plus reverse). Some of the plastic is damaged (the grille was broken by me when I ran into my mother's 1979 Hornet) and now the gear lever cover is broken and the seat is completely knackered.

Questions:
1) Does anyone have a source for a functional Peerless 657 transaxle?
2) Does anyone know of a source for a seat/grille/seat?
3) Are there any feasible options to replace the original 11 HP engine with a modern replacement that will be a virtual 'bolt in' process?

Thank you in advance. I have attached a pic of the tractor when I took possession of it last month. I don't see a way to post more pics to show the 'rejuvenation' but it's coming along nicely

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!