SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

Favorite white Tea rose? Jesse Hildreth???

luxrosa
9 years ago

I'm hoping that in addition to a list of everyones favorite white Tea roses, that Jeri and others who have seen and smelled the rose 'Jesse Hildreth' will post where 'Jesse Hildreth' is on their list of favorite white Tea roses.
Since I haven't seen J.H. in person, or missed it when rambling through the Sacramento Cemetery;
My favorite white Tea is 'Westside Road Cream Tea' for its' lovely bloom shape of "exquisite delicacy" that Tea roses are famous for showing. I also love its' fragrance which I'd rate ff to fff, depending on the weather, it has a lovely mixed floral scent, that to me is as strong as 'Ducher' but different. Plus in my garden W.R.C.T. is far more resistant to fungal disease, my 'Ducher' was one of only two rosebushes that defoliated from p.m.. (the other was the gorgeous Georgetown Tea' , and had to be disposed of for that reason.
Devoniensis, second on my list, though it has a wonderful scent , i find it is elusive.
Le Pactole little scent, but a divine rose
Tea-Noisettes
Lamarque I can't smell any scent from it, but I hope it will develops scent as it matures. My neighbor had a 'Secret' that no one could detect scent on, until its' third year and then BIngo! Her 'Secret's roses all became heavily scented one summer and continued to be fragrant.
Originally listed as a Tea-Noisette in a nursery catalog: Kaiserin Auguste Viktoria' a beautiful rose, and it lasts a day or two longer in a vase than the others on this list.
Mme. Alfred Carriere' I wish I could love this rose more, perhaps if it had more petals I would adore it as much as Lamarque.

I'm hoping to get a Mrs. Foley-Hobbs' one day.

I have a serious rose-crush on 'Jesse Hildreth' from Jeri's photos of it, I have long day dreams where I envision being able to buy a plant and then propagating plants from it, and sending them to as many public gardens as possible. That is a rose well worth spreading all over the world.

Lux.

Comments (37)