SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcrd

Anyone else having trouble?

I did order my new roses (as it looks like I will have to replace most if not all of my current roses in the backyard). I will list them later in this post.

Now to my question. Is anyone else having trouble with this forum? I keep getting a ton of pop-up ads even though I have the computer set to block all pop-ups, have cleared out my cashe, etc. Just started (really bad) about 24 hours ago. I go along the edge of the posts very carefully not to touch any of the highlighted words but they still crop up. I am sick of Dish and John Deere! I can't read the posts because they block them! If you have a way to stop this, please let me know. I would appreciate it very much.

On to roses ordered for this year. I am trying to figure out how I am going to place all of these in the same bed so they don't clash. So any help along those lines would be appreciated too! These are all own root so they may take some time to get established. Somehow this year, I went nuts for bicolors, stripes and single roses. I am worried that next year, I won't like any of them and want the big cabbage roses back! I do tell myself that I have big cabbage ones in the front of my house and on the side of my house and not to worry. Hard not to when you have never seen these roses in person and don't know if they will work well with this hot climate and water restrictions. I know the Burling ones will work as they are bred here. Keeping my fingers crossed on the rest.

Climber for my big arch I decided to go with Flamingo Dancer.

Others for the bed includes;
Sister Elizabeth
Lady of Shalott
Lady Emma Hamilton
Alnwick Rose
Occhi di Fata
Maroon Eight

I am thinking about getting another pink or cream/pink blend as I will miss my Sharifa Asma. She never did well for me in the heat as far as rebloom. Unfortunately. She is gorgeous, however. Same with Evelyn. Love her but she doesn't rebloom that much in our heat, if at all.

I still have my Brother Cadfael and hope to keep one of him in the back of the bed. (I stick a twig of him in the ground and he grows like crazy). Not much for rebloom in our heat either but he is a sentimental favorite of mine and the one I have blooming is partial shade is doing great. Scent is to die for!

I am also thinking of Young Lydicas for that "other pink" cabbage rose. I am a sucker for a pink rose!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!