SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zach_camping

Indoor Avocado Tree - WA State

zach_camping
9 years ago

Greetings!

I adopted a 15 year old avocado tree which I've now got in my living room. It' nearly the height of my ceiling (standard US height) and a bit bushy. On the drive, I had to crammed into my hatchback, so it may have stressed it out. We've had it for 2 weeks now and it seems to be drying up and leaves are turning yellow and/or dying. In the beginning my house bunny ate the bottom leaves (he was obsessed with them), but now it's trimmed up and there are tons of leaves higher. My house does not have a ton of light this time of year so I went to home depot and got a 120 watt blue "plant" bulb. I have been shining it on it for a few hours everyday to supplement natural light.

I picked up some organic fish poop at the store as well. I was thinking to put the light on a time, does anyone have any suggestions on how I should set up my timer? I really don't want the light on for more than 30 minutes at a time, so I was thinking to have it turn on and off every 30 minutes from 8AM to 5PM, does that seem fair? Any other suggestions for this indoor avocado plan to see it thrive? It's really cool and this year our christmas tree! Hopefully for many more years as well.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022