SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryb116

re landscaping my yard with a backyard Wedding in mind

maryb116
9 years ago

I'm looking to have my wedding in my yard and I also am planning a lot of renovations to the yard design. Is there anything you can think of that I should put into the design that would be perfect for the wedding too. My yard gets only some sun in the front left side (This area is in the attached Pic) and total shade in the summer in the back b/c of my trees (Which I love) . Behind my yard is dense woods. I also have a 6' wood privacy fence. Size is 75' wide & 100' deep

Here are my basic plans so far...
* Getting rid of above ground pool and adding a cobblestone sitting area with a stone fireplace that has a mantle.
* I am having lighting strung from tree to tree in the yard with Edison type bulbs hanging randomly.

My deck is 20' long by 8' deep with 'Boulevard False Cypress' on both sides of a 5' set of steps, azaleas next to them and a Hydrangea on the corner. The right side of the deck is shown in the pic

Pic 1 is looking at the rear of my house. I am extending the beds and putting in some 'DeGroots Spire' around the Magnolia 'Ann' and removing Cherry Laurels. I might add a blue bird house as well.

These are just the basics right now but I would REALLY REALLY appreciate some Ideas..

Thanks,
Mary

Comments (5)