SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janalyn_gw

My love/hate affair with my Ebook

janalyn
11 years ago

My husband bought one for me for Christmas last year because he was tired of us travelling and me carrying a mini library in a backpack. It weighed a lot.

I went to my local library and learned how to access the library ebooks which saved me a lot of money but there were still times that I had to buy the books. They arent exactly cheap yet. But they were wonderful on plane trips or travelling ..I had one of those mini lights you attach to it. You can also change those font sizes which I needed to do in the gloom when my eyes went fuzzy. (I am not a spring chicken anymore)

However, I don't like paying for a book and not being able to pass it on to a friend to read and then talking to them about it after. I don't like tapping the page to turn, and not knowing how much more til the book ends. I am also afraid to read it in the bathtub which is a guilty pleasure of mine, in case I accidentally electrocute the ebook.

But for travelling, yes, yes, yes!
The rest of the time, I like the smell, feel and weight of a REAL book. I will always prefer it, even if this makes me an official OLD FART.

Comments (23)