SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

A hate affair with my mailbox and taxes - help!

oceanna
16 years ago

I get an "F" in all things made of paper, and I desperately need help. If I had my way I'd cherry bomb my mailbox. Hardly anything good ever comes in there anyway, and a lot of bad stuff and junk mail comes. Fact is, I hate mail.

I haven't got a clue what to do with it. I put almost all of my monthly bills on automatic payment. But I don't know what to do with all the stuff that comes in the mail. So I tend to toss it all in a big pile and ignore it for months without even opening it (told you I was bad). I can honestly testify that you can get away with doing this and survive - lol. People get mad at me because I let their checks expire rather than cashing them. And yes, I need the money. I just hate this stuff.

What do you keep and what do you toss out? What do you have to save for taxes? What about all those iffy things that you *might* use/do or you think you *should* use/do but you'll probably never use/do? What about all the garbage you're supposed to read that you don't want to read? Where do you keep the junk you need to keep?

Taxes -- they scare me to death and I tend to run away from that too. They always owe me anyway. I think I have three years outstanding right now and I don't even know which years they are for sure. I just HATE this paperwork and financial stuff!! I had a tax man but he has dead African animals hung all over the walls of his home and I couldn't stand it so I quit him. Now I don't have one and am not sure where to turn for one. My lil' sis says do Turbo Tax or a cheap immitation, but I dunno if I can do that. Somewhere in there I sold a house and bought one and that really scares me for taxes. I have a couple of letters from the IRS somewhere in the pile, but I haven't opened them. Too scary.

Basically, I'd rather be shot twice and run over once than deal with all this stuff. Am I alone here? Do I need a shrink? A hypnotherapist? A keeper? Or just a good organizer to point out the way?

Comments (22)